Marketing is changing rapidly. Do you also have the feeling that marketing has changed more in the past 2 years than the past 50 years?
Marketing is changing faster, I agree. Even stronger, most marketers today feel overwhelmed with the speed of change happening in the job we are passionate about.
On top of that, marketers do not have a clear consensus on what areas to focus on in the future. And when they want to introduce new marketing innovations into the organization, they hit resistance to change, lack of budget and lack of skills.
In this blog post I want to cover the following:
- The entire history of marketing and technology through time: how fast are things going?
- Why you need to go faster when introducing change,
- How you can speed up the introduction of these changes into your organization.
Okay, let’s get started… Read more
In most organizations, digital marketing grew up in a silo, separate from the rest of the marketing department. That’s because initially digital touch-points like websites, email and online advertising were not seen as the heart of the business.
But today the world has changed.
Digital channels, content and technology are influencing people’s buying decisions in all markets, at every stage of the customer life-cycle.
In this blog post I want to share you my thinking on how IT and marketing should forge a partnership to keep up with the challenges of the modern organization, doing business in an evermore digitalizing world. Read more
Marketing in the eyes of CMO’s is becoming increasingly complex. Embracing this complexity is not easy, as it requires changes in your organization, skill-set and technology. Embracing this change requires a digital marketing transformation.
But it’s a necessary change: the technology revolution and the increasing power of large dominant internet players are forcing modern CMO’s to rethink their strategy.
The action required required boils down to 3 strategic pillars of change:
- building a customer centric organization
- Introducing a broad new skillsets
- Investing in backbone marketing technology
Let’s take a deep dive in each of these strategic pillars of change…
Digital is everywhere. As a result, the pressure on leadership is increasing to redesign the marketing organization structure towards more customer centricity, customer experiences, data driven and personal marketing.
Marketing leadership is reacting by investing in new concepts such as content marketing, inbound marketing, marketing automation and (big) data marketing. But without the right organization, any of these new concepts is set for failure.
But today’s modern marketing organization is complex, and requires purposeful planning and a combination of talent, technology, and consumer insights in order to have a positive impact on the company’s bottom line.
In this blog post, I want to explore how you can structure your marketing organization, and answer the following questions:
- what skill-sets and profiles do you need?
- what organization structure do you need?
- what new functions and teams do you need?
- how will departments work together in new agile ways?
- how do you structure for content marketing?
- how do you organize for agile marketing operations?
Transforming a marketing organization to embrace digital marketing requires change. Some companies seem to make this transition seamlessly, and other are struggling.
The dream of agile marketing operations, 1-1 marketing, digital customer experience, intelligent marketing technology and digital customer journeys seem to be impossible to reach.
What are some of the big fundamentals driving digital marketing transformation?
In this blog post I discuss 5 critical “must-do’s” to get organized for Digital Marketing Transformation.
But organizing for digital marketing transformation is not without its challenges…
Buyers today have become more digitally empowered than ever.
It’s changing their buying behavior, which provides new challenges to those aspiring a digital marketing organization.
In this blog post I’ll cover:
- the overarching reasons why marketing must change to keep up with changing buyer behavior
- how certain marketers are trying to trick the system, without any chance to success
- why marketers are loosing ground against the digital adoption speed of buyers
- what roadblocks you need to overcome to become a digital marketing organization
And at the end of the post, I’ll cover
- 19 specific changes you can make in terms of organization, technology and tools, so you can become a digital marketing organization.