Digital is everywhere. As a result, the pressure on leadership is increasing to redesign the marketing organization structure towards more customer centricity, customer experiences, data driven and personal marketing.
Marketing leadership is reacting by investing in new concepts such as content marketing, inbound marketing, marketing automation and (big) data marketing. But without the right organization, any of these new concepts is set for failure.
But today’s modern marketing organization is complex, and requires purposeful planning and a combination of talent, technology, and consumer insights in order to have a positive impact on the company’s bottom line.
In this blog post, I want to explore how you can structure your marketing organization, and answer the following questions:
- what skill-sets and profiles do you need?
- what organization structure do you need?
- what new functions and teams do you need?
- how will departments work together in new agile ways?
- how do you structure for content marketing?
- how do you organize for agile marketing operations?