As marketing becomes more and more advanced, personalized marketing is critical.
Personalization in marketing is real, needed and possible. It re-enforces your brand, and can mean the difference between being competitive or disappearing into oblivion.
But how do you that ?
In this blog post I want to discuss a methodology and a personalization model that helps you to:
- segment your audience, beyond demographics and geographic
- link your business objectives with 1-1 personalization campaigns
- understand how personalization actually works
Let’s get started!
Last week I attended a marketing event which makes a descent attempt to provide insight into marketing trends of tomorrow.
Although many of these trends are relevant, sometimes they remain a bit fuzzy of what to do with these trends as a marketer…
What do you make of these as a marketer?
- Contact lenses with projections (similar, but more advanced than Google Glass)
- Lapka, your personal environment monitor
- Camera’s reading emotion
- Toilets seats with built in smartphone connectivity
- Nike visualizing a runners heat map in Manhattan Central park, providing data to advertisers
As usual, some of this stuff is hype, other stuff is over the top, other stuff is real.
But, if you ask me, these are the trends you DO must take VERY, VERY seriously in 2013: Read more