The Impact of AI on Marketing Jobs
Marketing organization haven’t changed much in the last 40 years or so. But that’s about to change.
We live in a world of exponential change. As we have moved from the industrial age, to the information age, to the mobile age, we now are entering the age of artificial intelligence and automation.
Advancements in computing is making computers to reach human brain capacity by 2025. By 2050 the projected power of computing will reach the capacity of all humans on earth. Already today it is projected that soon, algorithms, automation and robots, will impact 1 billion human jobs in 2020.
It is safe to say that marketing organization are affected too.
But what will be the impact, and how can we prepare? That’s exactly the subjects of this blog post. In this blog post, I want to try to answer the following questions that relate to modern digital marketing organizations:
- What mega-trends are forcing modern digital marketing organizations to change?
- What will become the new reality for CMO’s?
- What is the impact of this on the tasks of people within a modern digital marketing organization?
- What should you do as a marketer to embrace this change?
Embracing the Fourth Digital Transformation
We are now at the dawn of the Fourth Digital Transformation. The disruption brought by digital is impacting existing business models like never before. And it is not likely to stabilize any time soon. The next wave of digital transformation is just around the corner…
In this blog post I want to cover the following subjects:
- the fading of classic interfaces and the rise of new customer touchpoints
- the new-middle-man platforms, introducing new middle-man functions
- how to build a platform strategy that embraces this change.